Monday, August 5, 2013

Mellow Monday & Menu Plan



Happy Mellow Monday...late night edition!

It has been a very. busy. Monday.  Started at 7:00 a.m. with a good workout, continued with breakfast and kid "stuff" here at the house, then Lil' Miss and I headed into town for some errands.  Nails/toes done, oil changed, transmission flushed, car washed, Target shopped and Macy's shopped.  After which we rushed home for Brother's first soccer practice of 2013.  Home, dinner, showers, and bedtime for the goslings.  Are you exhausted?? I am!

Thankfully, dinner was ready when we got home.  Slow cooker to the rescue AGAIN!  I seriously love this kitchen appliance for days like today.  BUT...do you want to hear the awesome-est part of this dinner...I totally made up the recipe!  Yup, that's right!  I'm a full-fledged recipe creator! :)

Both Daddy Goose and the goslings loved my dish and I absolutely know that you'all will too.

Slow Cooker Tri-Tip

Ingredients:

  • 2-3 pounds tri-tip roast (untrimmed)
  • 1 TBSP olive oil
  • 1/2 white onion chopped
  • Lawry's seasoning salt & Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning
  • 2 TBSP red wine vinegar
  • 2 cups (+/-) water (Amount depends on the size of your slow cooker.  Cover tri-tip)
  • Salt & pepper

Instructions:

Generously spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.  Pour olive oil into slow cooker.  Season, to taste, bottom of slow cooker with Lawry's and Mrs. Dash.  Place tri-tip and onions into slow cooker.  Again, season, to taste, the top of the beef with Lawry's and Mrs. Dash.  As with any meat, season with salt and pepper.  Add red wine vinegar and enough water to cover the tri-tip.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours.

I used my tri-tip to make sandwiches.  You'll see below how else I plan to use it this week.  Sooo delicious!  I cannot wait to hear whether you like it or not!



Here's what else we're eating this week:



Monday:  Slow Cooker Tri-tip sandwiches with corn and potato chips
Tuesday:  Slow Cooker Tri-tip burritos
Wednesday:  Spaghetti with green salad
Thursday:  Frozen burritos and/or leftovers
Friday:  Calazone and cesear salad
Saturday:  Mac & Cheese with hot dogs and applesauce (kids pick :)  (I'll make the noodles and then pull some out for Lil' Miss due to her milk allergy)
Sunday:  Chicken & stuffing

Do you meal plan?  I do because it saves me time, money, and answers the never ending "What's for dinner?" question.  After you've checked out my menu plan and then see others at Orgjunkie.com.

What are you eating this week?

Always ~ Momma Goose


1 comment:

  1. Great menu! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'll definitely have to try it sometime.
    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose