Monday, July 22, 2013

Mellow Monday & Menu Plan



Happy Mellow Monday to you'all!


We are starting a busy week in our house.  VBS at my momma's church starts today, a couple of afternoon dates and then it's Lil' Miss's 2nd birthday on Thursday!  Woo-hoo...my baby's TWO!  It is going to be really important for us to be organized and ready for the week ahead, so I've gotten my meal plan down and I'm ready to share.

Our Mellow Monday meal is a super duper yummy easy-peasy and versatile chicken dish that a good friend of ours made us while we were on vacation.  I'm making a big pot of it so we can use it several times throughout the week to save on time and money.  Check it out...

Lemon Pepper Chicken

Ingredients:

  • 4 to 6 boneless chicken breast halves, skin removed, or other chicken parts
  • lemon pepper seasoning
  • 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine

Instructions:  Put chicken in slow cooker. Sprinkle generously with lemon pepper seasoning. Drizzle butter or margarine over chicken. Cook on LOW for 6 to 8 hours, or until chicken is tender.  I'm going then shred the chicken so it can be used in various ways.  I'm also going to double the recipe so that it will take us farther this week. :)

I totally wish I had a picture of this cooking...but I'm writing my blog a day early...sorry! 
It's kind of looks like this when it's all done:


 Check out my FB page later this week to see how it turns out...but trust me...you'll love it!

Here's what we're eating the rest of the week:


Monday:  Lemon Pepper Chicken over brown rice
Tuesday:  Lemon Pepper Chicken quesadillas
Wednesday:   Meatball sub sandwiches
Thursday:  Lil' Miss's birthday party at the waterpark...so I'm thinking Lemon Pepper Chicken on a green salad and snacks if we're still hungry.
Friday:  BBQ Hamburgers with green salad and frozen french fries made on the grill
Saturday:  Date Night!
Sunday:  Pizza!

Do you meal plan?  I do because it saves me time, money, and answers the never ending "What's for dinner?" question.  After you've checked out my menu plan and then see others at Orgjunkie.com.

What are you eating this week?

Always ~ Momma Goose

1 comment:

  1. Just stopping by for a blog visit via Menu Plan Monday.
    With all of the humidity this weekend, I'm not really in the mood to cook. I think I'm going to make pancakes for dinner.
    Your menu plan looks delicious. I love lemon pepper chicken.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose