Monday, January 7, 2013

Mellow Monday & Menu Plan



Cheers to our first Mellow Monday of 2013!

We're off to a great start today - gym, lunch date with the kids and naps!  Now, to see what the rest of the day holds.  I'm hoping for a little more fun with a block building session and then a yummy dinner to warm us up.

Speaking of that warm dinner...tonight's recipe is one I pinned on Pinterest last week and it was such a hit, Daddy Goose asked me to make it again tonight.  (If you're interested, check out my Pinterest boards and follow along here!)

Chicken & Stuffing in the Slow Cooker

Ingredients:

4 chicken breasts
1 box of stuffing mix
1 can of cream of chicken soup (or other cream soup)
1/2 cup of sour cream
1/2 cup of water

Instructions:

Generously spray slow cooker with non-stick spray.  Place chicken breasts in slow cooker and cover with box of stuffing. In a separate bowl, combine cream soup and sour cream, add in 1/2 cup of water.  Pour mixture over chicken and stuffing.  Cook on high 4 hours.  Fluff with fork and serve.

Here's what else we're eating this week:






Monday:  Chicken & Stuffing in the Slow Cooker with a chopped salad and fruit
Tuesday:  Oven Baked Tacos beans and tossed salad (with "zesty" ranch dressing)
Wednesday:  Easy Mac & Cheese with vegetables and fruit salad
Thursday: Leftovers
Friday:  Calazone with salad (with homemade dressing)
Saturday:  Family date night - dinner out!
Sunday:  Football food - play offs edition - Meatball Sub bake with ceasar salad

You might notice that I've changed our leftovers night to Thursday.  Our Wednesday is really busy, so I used to plan that night as an easy meal, but I always grocery shop on Fridays so its just easier to get rid of all of our leftovers on Thursday so I have a clearer picture of the refrigerator and our food needs.  Do you have a leftover night?

Do you meal plan?  I do because it saves me time, money, and answers the "What's for dinner?" question.  After you've checked out my menu plan and then see others at Orgjunkie.com.

Always ~ Momma Goose



3 comments:

  1. We never seem to have a true leftover night because my husband tends to take them to work. However, we all fend for ourselves on Wednesday since I work late.

    I tried that Chicken and dressing recipe, and it turned out really great. However, I sauteed celery and onions in butter and bell's seasoning and added it to the crockpot. I love Bell's seasoning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo...adding the celery and onions sounds super yum! I am definitely going to try that. Thanks for the tip AND the comment.

      Happy Monday!

      Delete
  2. Chicken and stuffing in the crockpot sounds really good. Nice menu!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose