Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Fruit Infused Water

I am THE BIGGEST fan of diet Coke.  I could drink it all day long. (After my daily cup of coffee, of course.)  But...as we all know, it isn't exactly healthy for your to drink three diet Cokes a day.  I've often tried to drink water in place of soda, but I've often given-in to my diet Coke addiction due to water's lack of taste and the boredom of the beverage.

That was until I was inspired by Pinterest because I came across this post,

Fruit Infused Water - source.
What a concept, huh?  Put ANY fruit and/or herbs into your water and instantly turn plain, hum-drum water into a yummy, fruity, good for your concoction!  Like you, I've often place a lemon or orange slice in my water to "spice" it up a notch, but never thought to put anything else in it.  The possibilities are endless!  After seeing the original post, I found this one:

Fruit & herbs frozen into ice cubes - source.

and this one:

Add a lil' fizz from club soda!  Love it! Source.

and now this one using coconut water as the base!

Coconut Infused Water - Source.
I made my first batch yesterday.  They do have fancy fruit infuser pitchers and personal water bottles, but with it being my first attempt, I used my Pampered Chef mixing pitcher.

Doesn't that look delicious!
It was sooo yummy!  I drank 4 quarts!  YES - 4 QUARTS of water!  All in one day! I gave some to Lil' Miss Goose and she loved it too.

My "recipe" is below, but you can literally put any fruit (and herbs) into water and that IS fruit infused water!

Do you have any fruit infused "recipes" for me to try?  Pass them along!

Try it!  I know you'll love it, too!

Always ~ Momma Goose

Strawberry-Orange Infused Water

1 Orange, sliced and halved
8-10 frozen strawberries
Water - (I started out with 2 quarts of water, but was able to refill it once.)

Let sit for about an hour so the fruit can infuse.  Drink up!

1 comment:

  1. I am a diet coke junkie! That sounds awesome! I must try......

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose