Thursday, October 11, 2012

31 Days - Day 11



Susan G. Komen for the Cure is doing a 31 day campaign.  They're calling it:


They are featuring "stories of compassion, determination, triumph, despair and optimism through the eyes of breast cancer survivors, the people who love them, and the people helping them every day."

Starting next week, I'll be sharing similar stories here on my blog.  I've already received several names of people in my community that have fought breast cancer and I am thrilled to be able to commemorate the battle on this forum.

While I know the reach of Momma Goose & Gaggle isn't nearly as far as Susan G. Komen for the Cure, my hope is that by the end of the next 31 days, at least one of you will have learned something new about breast cancer, been inspired by a story I've shared or at the very least enjoyed reading my posts.

I have already learned a bunch and been inspired by the stories I've read!  Like this one, from Jeff Bennett from Portland, Maine.  (Yes, men can get breast cancer, too.)

I'm sure you know a mom, wife, daughter, sister, aunt, husband, dad, brother, uncle or friend that has battled breast cancer?  Can I honor them?  Would you or (s)he be willing to let me profile his/her on my blog?  If so, send me your/her information and I'd love to make people aware of his/her/your fight, support him/her/you in your fight, and help remember her for her fight!

Always ~ Momma Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose