Monday, July 2, 2012

Mellow Monday: Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders

After a lazy weekend with Daddy Goose, I'm feeling like this will NOT be a mellow day.  While I did do dishes and a couple loads of towels/sheets yesterday, that was pretty much all I did.  I didn't even cook!  My lazy weekend is even more reason to have a slow cooker meal tonight, we'll be able to have a home cooked meal without all the work in the kitchen.  I can save all my time and energy to accomplish the rest of my chores today.

I'm starting the holiday week off with a classic 4th of July meal, BBQ sauce smothered on...well, anything will do, but we will be having pork roast.  I found today's recipe on Holidays Central. This the first time I've been on the site, but I will definitely be adding it to my bookmarks.



Ingredients

  • 1 boneless pork roast (about 2 to 2.5 pounds
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1 cup barbecue sauce
  • 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
  • 2/3 cups water
  • 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • 1/2 cup ketchup
  • 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 teaspoon chili powder
  • 1 cup chopped onion
  • 1 garlic clove, minced
  • 12 slider rolls

Instructions

In the pot of a slow cooker, add olive oil, barbeque sauce, apple cider vinegar, water, brown sugar, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, chili powder, onion and garlic.  Whisk together until thoroughly combined.  Create diagonal lines to score the roast. Place the roast in  the slow cooker.  Coat the roast rolling it in the sauce. Cover.

Cook in the crockpot on low for 7-8 hours. Alternatively, cook the roast on high for 5-6 hours. The roast is done when it shreds easily with a fork.  Shred the meat in the slow cooker pot and use a spoon to coat the pork with the sauce.  Toast the slider rolls. Spoon the pork onto buns. Makes 12 sliders.

I'm really excited about this kid-friendly meal.  Brother Goose loves sliders because they are perfect for his little hands, while Sister Goose enjoys the meat from my slow cooker because it's juicy and practically melts in her mouth.

Do you have any classic 4th of July slow cooker recipes?  Share your recipe link with me on my Facebook or Twitter page.

Enjoy your Mellow Monday!

Momma Goose

1 comment:

  1. I am making this tonight. I owe the boys something they will like because last night I made cool cucumber soup, which we loved, but they wouldn't come within 10 feet of it!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose