Friday, May 18, 2012

Freezer Friendly Meal - Stuffed Bread

I have become a freezer cooker. It's great for those days when I'm exhausted, the gaggle is starving and we need food fast! Usually, I'll double a recipe so that there is some for now and some for later. There are many websites I use to get inspiration for my freezer recipes, but Make 5 Dinners in ONE Hour is one of my favorite stops. In fact, we recently tried this Stuffed Bread recipe and Daddy Goose and I liked it so much we ate it three nights in a row. Stuffed Bread is great to cut up into smaller bites and serve as an appetizer or eat as a meal. I'm even thinking about making it with eggs, bacon and cheese next time for a yummy breakfast treat.

Here is the recipe, but make sure you check out Make 5 Dinners in ONE Hour for other recipe ideas.


Stuffed Bread

Use an artisan or large rounded loaf.  Make cuts down to the bottom without cutting all the way through. They can be stuffed with your favorite sandwich ingredients, wrapped in plastic wrap and frozen for later.  Or bake at 400 degree oven on a baking sheet for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is crispy on the outside.

Here are some of Michelle's favorite fillings:
Ham/Cheddar
Turkey/Swiss
Pepperoni/Mozzarella
Roast Beef/Provolone
Cheddar Cheese
Cinnamon Sugar w/powdered sugar glaze

Happy freezer cooking!

Momma Goose

2 comments:

  1. Buffy, I am really enjoying reading your posts! You have a great writing style and make great observations. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI! And...THANK YOU! I am really having a great time writing it. Please don't hesitate to share with those you think will enjoy it, too!

    TGIF!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose