Saturday, June 28, 2014

Timing

To say that timing is important is an understatement. I'm sure many of you have been in that situation where you had something to say or do, but when you were ready no one else was, or it just didn't feel right, or you just knew that the people around truly wouldn't appreciate your thoughts or ideas.

It's been one heck of a past few months for me and those around me. Many, MANY times I've thought,  "I should blog about this" or "Wow, that would be fun to share on my blog." But the timing just hasn't been right.

I was part of an amazing celebration today.  A celebration for a man I didn't know well, but a man that I am positive was known and loved by many. A man that from what I did know, was fun to be with, a fantastic dad and grandpa. A man that died way before what we think was his time to go.

As I was sitting here reflecting on the celebration and the rest of my day, I was thinking about all the unspoken words we often let go because we think its "bad timing," all the feelings we let pass because of "bad timing," or all the things we do say, but at the "wrong time." Those thoughts led me to an urge to write my words. To write my words here. I had an urge to appreciate my words and my ability to write. I didn't want the bad timing of my crazy, hectic life go by without writing my feelings, thoughts...or ramblings.

Life is such a short, yet ever-sweet, gift from God.  We cannot allow "bad timing" to affect how much we show those around us that we love them or how much we tell people that we appreciate them. Give the gift of your heartfelt words to those around you, let them know how much you mean to them, regardless of how badly you may think the timing is.

Always ~ Momma Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose