Monday, June 30, 2014

Mellow Monday - Summertime Edition

Today is one of those summer days you just can't do much else, but head to the water park. It's gonna be a hot one at 105 degrees. We're headed there early so we can be home early to be mellow on the couch in the air conditioning when the REAL heat hits.

I'm also NOT cooking today because when its hot our appetite for warm food goes out the window, especially for Daddy Goose who works in the heat all day. But here is what we are eating this week:

Monday: Cobb salad and maybe leftover lasagna
Tuesday: BBQ hamburger
Wednesday: Slow cooker tacos
Thursday: leftovers
Friday: 4th of July pizza!!

The 4th really snuck up on me this year...even as I was menu planning I had to re-do Friday's meals because we'll all be home. (Not that I'm complaining!)

We havent done anything too spectacular for the 4th of July in the past couple of years...usually a boat trip to the slough and hangin with a few friends. Its usually a low key, but fun day!

What are your plans for the 4th?

Do you meal plan?  I do because it saves me time, money, and answers the never ending "What's for dinner?" question.  Now that you've checked out my menu plan go see others at Orgjunkie.com.

Always ~ Momma Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose