Thursday, July 18, 2013

Fun Exercise




You'all know I'm a sucker for a good workout.  I've done the gym, spin classes, boot camp style classes and jogging/walking...all in the name of keeping in shape so that I can keep up with my goslings.  For the past few weeks, I've been walking with a good friend I've been friends with for about 25 years.  We meet up at the high school early in the morning (7:00 a.m.) - yes I know some of you may not think that 7:00 a.m. is "early," but "early" is all in how you look at it, and for me that's EARLY!

We usually, walk a lap (0.25 mile) and then do a set of stadiums (which is up and down two times).  Lately we've even been adding in squats, lunges, push-ups, tricep dips and a little ab work.  We're getting up to about 2.5 miles in an hour.  Including our little circuit. We've even talked about doing a half marathon in November.  I know, we're getting crazy! LOL!

593-exercise-buddy-cartoon.gif
Source
There is a group of ladies that I've known my whole life that have always gotten up and walk every morning at 5:30.  They would walk past where Daddy Goose and I used to live and every once in a while, if I was awake, I'd hear them chatting, chuckling and enjoying their exercise.  It always brought a half smile to my face (Only half a smile, cause lets face it...its 5:30 a.m.! Hee-hee!)

It's been so fun.  We get to chat AND exercise.  What more could you ask for?  A workout buddy who is super fun to talk to!!  I totally get what that group of ladies experiences.

BUT...on my way home this morning, I was thinking about what I was going to do when my friend goes back to work in a few weeks (she gets summers off) and Brother starts school or Daddy Goose goes back to work.  Will we get up and exercise at 5:30 a.m.?  Or walk in the afternoons when she gets off work?  Or will we just walk on the weekends?  I haven't even talked to her about it, but already I'm getting bummed.  I don't wanna stop our daily walks.  We gotta figure this one out!

For now, we'll keep up our walks and talks and enjoy the cool summer mornings while getting our exercise on!

Do you have an exercise buddy?  Studies have shown that those who do, workout more.  So, if you don't...you better find one! :)

Always ~ Momma Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose