Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Toddler Tuesday

Brother Goes to the Dentist


For some reason I thought all dentists were the same and that pediatric dentistry was just a term used when dentists "could" treat children.  Who knew there were dentists that cater soley to children? Well, I finally it out and was so very excited because going to the dentist with Brother Goose has always been "an adventure." To say the least.

Enter California Kidds Pediatric Dental Group.  Wow, they R.O.C.K.!

California KiDDS Pediatric Dentistry - Fresno, CA
We started going to California Kidds because Brother had a giant piece of his molar missing.  Now, when I say giant, I mean more than half!  Apparently, the cavity had gotten so bad underneath that it eroded the tooth away.  Gross!  (The trooper never once complained about it unless there was something stuck in it.  Even then, it was just that he needed a tooth pick to get the stuck food out.)

The moment we walked through the door, I knew we had found our dental home.  There are toys to play with, movies to watch, pages of kid's picture books framed on the walls and the staff was super friendly to my kids in a way they understood.

Today was our second visit and Brother got his tooth fixed.  They had to cap the tooth.  After an internal delimma, I decided that sterling silver was the way to go.  (Why pay extra for the enamel color for a tooth that won't be there much longer, isn't going to be as strong and while I pay extra for now, will still be the same price for the Tooth Fairy!)  Plus, part of the attraction of going to the dentist today for Brother was that he was going to be getting a "chrome" tooth.  Which, he came up with all on his own.


Brother made me so proud this morning.  He did everything the dentist asked, laid completely still while they were working on his mouth (I'm sure the flat screen above his head playing Curious George helped a little) and he took the sedation medication like a champ!

It is so nice to feel welcome at a medical/dental office.  I've been to plenty where you feel like a number or a hassle in the staff's day.  I don't want that feeling for my goslings, it is scary enough for them to go to the doctor or dentist.

So for this afternoon, Brother is to lay on the couch, watch Curious George and cuddle with Momma...Doctor's orders. (Ok, I might have added that last one in.:)

A big thank you to the California Kidds staff and Dr. Kunkel!

Always ~ Momma Goose




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose