Thursday, February 21, 2013

Thinkin' Thursday

You've heard the old saying...

One step forward, two steps back.


I've been thinking that's been my life lately.  I'll get very organized, my goslings are super well behaved, I've made sure Daddy Goose's uniforms are cleaned and he has everything he needs for a good lunch, my house is clean, I've kept up on my Bible study homework, I'm eating healthy, exercising several days a week and then...

BLAM!!!

We go on vacation or one of us gets sick or lazy or... (insert other pathetic excuse here!)

Don't get me wrong, I am NOT trying to say my life is hard or that I have it so rough.  And I know there are much bigger things in life to worry about other than whether my goslings have great hair when we go out.

I also do not pretend to have a perfect life, but I am striving for that "ideal" life?  Isn't everyone?  Of course, to define what is perfect or ideal for me will not be the same definition for you.  I do enjoy a organized and "clean" house, but isn't that just fluff?  For me, the real definition of an ideal life is happy, healthy family and friends.  So, why do I feel the way I do...two steps behind?

Part of my problem is that I sometimes sweat the small stuff or get caught up in the chore of life and then feel like because I haven't finished my laundry this week we've taken two steps back.

That just isn't true!  (I say as I bang my head against the wall hoping it will sink in this time!)

What is true:



Those two sweet smiles are PERFECT!
We had a great vacation!
I recovered from a horrible flu/virus!
No one else has gotten this horrible sickness.
We have a roof over our heads, food in our refrigerator
and enough clean clothes.
Daddy, Brother and Lil' Miss Goose and the rest of
my family and friends are happy and healthy!

And so much more to be thankful for.

As I type this, Lil' Miss is happily sleeping and Brother is enjoying a little earned Curious George.  We're working on a clean house and laundry and I'm pretty sure I've eaten healthy today.  We're moving forward!



How about you, what is the ideal life for you?

Always ~ Momma Goose

4 comments:

  1. The "ideal" life would be something along the lines of a little less stress and a lot more time! :) I agree that the health and happiness of my family and friends is up there on the top. It's tough to let the small stuff go sometimes, even though we know it's silly. I'm just glad I live in a time now that the internet makes it so easy for me to keep in touch with the ones I love which makes the tough days a little easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ability to use technology to keep in touch is definitely a major factor in our ability to let you move sooooo far away!

      Amen to less stress and more time!!!

      Love ya!

      Delete

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose