Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Toddler Tuesday: Thankful Turkeys

Today Brother Goose and I were gettin' in the groove for Thanksgiving.  I had already started decorating, but we hadn't yet done any crafting for the holiday.  So, when Lil' Miss went down for her afternoon nap we grabbed our glue, scissors and markers and went to town making our Thankful Turkeys.

A couple of weeks ago I picked up these foam turkeys from the dollar section at Target.


I had prepared them earlier by writing "I am thankful for..." on them.  I asked Brother for three things he was thankful for and naturally, grandparents came first.


Thankfully a close second came Momma, Daddy, Sissy AND football!  After writing on the turkeys, I handed it over to Brother and he added his own artwork.


When all the artwork was complete, we took brown crossgrain ribbon (that I got at the Dollar Store) and stretched out enough to fit all three thankful turkeys.  Brother squeezed out a line of glue...



...and made sure they would stick by pounding them on. (He is SUCH A BOY!:)  Using a bow to hide the thumb tack - voila!


Six thankful turkeys!  Daddy Goose is going to fill his out tonight and we'll hang them and make sure to post a picture.  Can you read mine?  I only had three turkeys, so in that little space I am thankful for "God's many blessings," "Hard Working Hubby," and "2 kids!"

Crafting with Brother is one of my favorite past times.  He is so creative and always has a fun story to tell me while we are being creative.

What are you thankful for this holiday season?

Always ~ Momma Goose

P.S.  Did you add up my total cost for this craft project?  Yup, that's right ONLY $2.00!  It may not be the most Martha Stewart looking craft...but it was fun, had little cost and I got to spend great quality time with Brother!

2 comments:

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose