Thursday, November 1, 2012

31 Days - Day 30


These past 31 days have been full of ups, downs and every emotion in between.  I thought I knew about breast cancer, its awareness month and the many organizations dedicated to its cause.  Never in my dreams would I have imagined that I would have learned that there is. so. much. information.

Breast cancer is one of those diseases that touches EVERYONE's lives.  It's sort of like that six degrees from Kevin Bacon game that we played long ago.  There is most definitely someone within six degrees of you that has had breast cancer.  It is because it affects so many, that the information and resources available are more than most types of cancer.

Not only have I learned so much about breast cancer and the resources available, but I have been able talk with so many about my project and have heard great stories of survival.  There are many who survive this horrific disease.  I enjoyed talking to each.

I am encouraged to continue parts of my 31 day challenge.  There are so many woman that I'd like to honor, so much more information available.  After all, breast cancer is not an issue only during the month of October.

There is hope for a cure for breast cancer.  We should do all we can to shine a brighter light on the glimmer of hope.  I hope you enjoyed my series and that you are encouraged to become aware, provide support and remember someone lost to breast cancer.

Always ~ Momma Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose