Sunday, October 7, 2012

31 Days - Day 7

31 Days of Breast Cancer Awareness, Support & Remembrance - Day 7

You may or may not know that I am a big football fan.  I love to watch games, whether it is my team or not.  49er football has been a tradition in my home for as long as I can remember.  My grandpa, grandma dad, mom, brother, sister and I have always rooted the bay area team on with pride (even when it was hard to be prideful about our team).

When Daddy Goose and I got married one of the promises that I made during our vows (figuratively...although that would have been fun to say during our actual vows) was that I would become a Denver Broncos fan.  Dutifully, I have done so.  It has not always been easy to cheer them on, especially when they've played the 49ers in preseason, but after seven seasons, I've been converted.  I enjoy watching and rooting for Denver football just was much as I ever enjoyed watching and rooting on 49er football.  Don't get me wrong, I do still love the 49ers, but I made a promise Feb. 4, 2006 that I will keep.

I bet you're wondering what all of this has to do with my 31 day challenge.  Well, I am proud to be a NFL fan, but even prouder during the month of October when the league puts some of their money where their mouths are and do a huge support and awareness campaign.  Have you noticed all the pink on the field and in the stands?  They go all out!

Their slogan is, "A Crucial Catch - Annual Screening Saves Lives."  Pretty clever, huh?

Source
The NFL has an entire website dedicated to the cause.  There are wonderful resources on breast cancer as well as a section where you and your high school and youth football team can use their resources to help in the cause.

The NFL is also hosting an auction where you can buy player's gear and the money goes to breast cancer research. This signed Harvin jersey currently is bidding for $2,555.00!!!  Harvin wore the jersey on October 9, 2011. (Sweat smell included in the auction price.)  Hurry if you want to buy it you only have 2 days left!

Source

Many businesses support the breast cancer awareness cause, but due to its popularity and TV presence, possibly none as visibly as the NFL can and does.  Thank you to the NFL and its effort in making breast cancer fundraising a priority.  They've made it even cooler for men to wear pink!

Always ~ Momma Goose

Go to Day 8.

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose