Monday, October 15, 2012

31 Days - Day 13

Happy Monday!  This past weekend was...well...I just couldn't get in the writing mood.  Pathetic, I know.  Between early morning appointments, soccer game, dinner with my friends and time with Daddy Goose and our goslings, I just didn't.  So, enough with the excuses and back on track.


In keeping with my Cancer Fighting Foods theme, I thought I'd share with you another type of "fighting" food - Yoplait Yogurt, Save Lids to Save Lives.  This food fights cancer in a different way...by donating money to organizations that are looking for a cure.

Since 1997, when the campaign started, the company has donated/raised more than $34 million!  Wow, what a great accomplishment.

How it works.  You buy Yoplait yogurt, or any of the other partner products (such as Honey Nut Cheerios, Green Giant, Progresso, Nature Valley, Pillsbury, Betty Crocker) save the lid or a part of the label and either mail it in or redeem them online.  Simple. Easy.  Fast.  General Mills/Yoplait will donate up to $2.5 million to Susan G. Komen.  Plus, if you include your return address and ZIP code your donation will go to the local affiliate.

While I am not a huge yogurt eater anymore, Brother Goose is.  You can bet we will be looking for these products and mailing in our labels/lids.

Always ~ Momma Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose