Friday, July 13, 2012

Freezer Friday: July 13, 2013

Source

Da, na, na, na. Da, na, na, na. (Insert Friday the 13th/Twilight theme music here).  I decided a long time ago that I wasn't superstitious about Friday the 13th, but there are plenty of people out there that stay in their house on days like this.  Are you one of them?  Do you have any bad luck stories?  I'd love to hear them!

However, I don't like to dwell on bad luck, so let's move on to something funner and yummier! Freezer Friday.

It has been so super duper hot here this past week, we are eating frozen everything.  Frozen grapes, frozen blueberries, frozen chocolate bananas, popcicles, ice cream.  Brother Goose has even tried to get into the freezer a couple of times.

You all know that I love freezer cooking.  It makes life here so much easier.  While I don't always have the time to do one big freezer cooking day, I like to double my recipe and save the extra for another day.  But, today's freezer recipe is one of those that I just know you'll want to make over and over. You may end up making quadruple the recipe so that you have some for the rest of the summer.

This recipe is from Once a Month Mom.  She has an excellent Diet Menu prepared by several contributors.  This recipe is from Abbi.  Just look at them - they won't be anything less than delicious.  Here is the bonus part for you Weight Watcher fans...THEY ARE ONLY 1 POINT!!


Tri-Berry Yogurt Pops
Author/Source:
Abbi @ Onceamonthmom.com

Photo Courtesy of: Once A Month Mom
Ingredients:

  • 2 cups low-fat Greek yogurt, plain
  • 0.5 cups blueberries
  • 0.5 cups chopped strawberries
  • 1 cup water
  • 2 raspberry tea bags
  • 2 Tbsp. agave nectar
  • Popsicle Molds

Directions:

In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil.  Turn off, add teabags and allow to steep and cool.  Mix remaining ingredients, swirl in tea.  Divide among popsicle molds.

Freezing Directions:

Freeze until solid.  To remove from the mold, dip mold in warm water to loosen.  Popsicles can be wrapped individually and stored before serving.

I hope these help your family cool down during these hot summer days!  We are definitely going to be making these ASAP!

Happy Friday the 13th friends!

Always, Momma Goose


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose