There are bags to unpack, laundry to do and sleep to catch up on. We are in definite need of a Mellow Monday. We are also in need of a slow cooked meal with no fuss and little mess. Today's crock pot recipe is from my favorite recipe website, Food.com. The best part about the recipe, I have everything in my refrigerator and pantry, so there was no need to even go to the store.
- 4 -5 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa, any kind (I'm using Rotel with green chilies)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- Take 4-5 frozen, yes, frozen, boneless chicken breasts put into crock pot.
- Add 1 can of black beans, drained, 1 jar of salsa, 1 can of corn drained.
- Keep in crock pot on high for about 4-5 hours or until chicken is cooked.
- Add 1 package of cream cheese (just throw it on top!) and let sit for about 1/2 hour.
Today also marks the first day of summer vacation in this gaggle's home. We began our day by hanging out in the backyard, casually cleaning off the patio, "washing" Brother Goose's tricycle and watching our cat play in the bushes. I love the many smiles and laughs that come from such a simple activity as lounging in the backyard. It was a great start to our summer and a great start to our Mellow Monday.
Enjoy your day and your Mellow Monday!