Thursday, May 31, 2012

A thought...

I love being a woman!  Seriously, I love being a woman.

Yesterday at the car wash I was having a hard time figuring out the self service machine.  Just as I was about to get frustrated, I caught the eye of an employee, a male employee.  He headed straight over and said, "Can I help you?" with a big smile on his face. He got the machine figured out and then politely thanked me and walked away.  After a few seconds, the crossing guard arm wasn't opening and he must have looked back to check because he came jogging back to see what was going on.  Again, he figured out the problem and away I went into the car wash.

Now, don't get me wrong there was nothing flirty about the situation nor was the man trying to "pick-up" on me or vise versa.  It was just one of those situations where I thought to myself, would he have come over if Daddy Goose was the driver?  Maybe.  Would he have been so friendly?  Maybe.  Would he have looked back to check on the issue if it wasn't me (or any other female)?  Maybe.  I hope the answer to those questions would be "Yes."  I hope the customer service at the car wash on Herndon and Blackstone is just that great, but something tells me that it may have something to do with my gender...which I am okay with, its just another perk of being a woman.

I know its a little silly and maybe even slightly old-fashion thinking, but as a woman I to:

  • Wear shiny jewelry,
  • Wear high heels,
  • Have my nails and toes painted,
  • Doors are opened for me,
  • Gas is pumped for me,
  • Even in my mid-30s, I can still call my father, "Daddy" and no one looks at me funny,
  • Be excited over the smallest things,
  • Have flowers sent to me,
  • Get quick and friendly service at the car wash.

These are just a few of the benefits!

As an HR consultant, I was always reminding managers, that gender did not matter. It has nothing to do with ability.  I whole heartily believe that statement.  My gender has nothing to do with my abilities.  It does sometimes, however, make my life a little easier and/or harder. Yesterday was one of those days that it made it easier.

What is one of the things you love about being a woman? OR What are some of the best things about being a man?  I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Momma Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose