Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Practical Christianity

During the past year, I've been involved in a study with Bible Study Fellowship. I'll admit, I went kicking and screaming because "I did not have time for this in my schedule," "I did not want another day in town,"  "I'm a stay-at-home mom, not a go galavanting around, mom."  BUT...it has been the best thing I've ever done! (Thank you Mom-in-Law Goose!)  Not only have I been able to reconnect with my spirituality, but I am learning so much about the Bible, and getting a clue as to what I call, "Practical Christianity."

Practical Christianity is when you can take what the Bible teaches you and practice it in your life.  Maybe to stop you from doing something, maybe to get you to do something or maybe even to give you the much needed peace you need in your life.  One thing I love about the Bible is, you always get what you need.  Verses seem to pop out at you when you most need them.

Now believe me when I say, I am no expert on the Bible or Christianity.  I am, just a Momma Goose, who would love to share with you some of my Practical Christianity.

Matthew 6:34 reads, "Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Sufficient for the day is its own trouble."

How many times have you read a Bible verse and thought...Wow, I really needed that!  This is my verse.  Anxiety is a battle I fight daily.  I have this verse saved in my Daily Bible app and look at it frequently.  I have anxiety about my goslings', about Daddy Goose, family and friends, about household chores, bills, etc., etc., etc.  I could go on and on about what I am or could be anxious about.  But...why?  Why do I feel the need to worry about "what ifs?"  After all, tomorrow when we look back at the past we will feel silly for all the anxiety that went into a decision or a worry.  What happened-happened and we usually have little to no control over it.

What we should worry about is not tomorrow, not this afternoon, but RIGHT NOW.  What's in front of us should be the most important task.  For me, that is my little gaggle. Spending quality time with my goslings while they are young and being present in their moments.  Or finding a way to show Daddy Goose the daily love and affection he deserves.

That is my practical application to Matthew 6:34.  What do you need to focus on right now?  How can you apply Matthew 6:34 to your life?

Momma Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose