Monday, October 22, 2012

31 Days - Day 20


One of the things I love about this time of year is pumpkin spice lattes, creamer, well just about anything pumpkin spice.  (Funny thing is, I'm not the biggest fan of pumpkin pie. Crazy, huh?!)

A couple of weeks ago I wrote about certain foods containing cancer fighting properties.  I learned today that pumpkins are a cancer risk-reducing food because the gourd is loaded with beta-carotene.  As soon as I found that out, I went on a hunt to find a great recipe for all of us to enjoy.  Look what I found!  Ice cream! There is no way you can go wrong making this recipe.

Pumpkin Ice Cream



Ingredients:

1 (15 ounce) can solid-pack pumpkin
1 cup cream
2/3 cup half-and-half
2/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

Instructions:

Whisk together ingredients until smooth.  Place mixture into an electric ice cream maker and operate machine according to manufacturer's instructions.  When mixture is thick, place ice cream into a freezer container to firm up as desired (it should be like soft-serve out of the machine).  Freeze time is cook time (average machine timing).

Read more about this recipe, here.

Do you like pumpkin spice recipes?  If you have one that is a must try, send it to me!

Always ~ Momma Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose