Saturday, October 20, 2012

31 Days - Day 18


Today was one of those days that reality and LIFE hit hard.  We lost a friend.  We will truly miss his quiet ways, his crazy long go-tee and sense of humor.  I've been good friends with his wife since junior high (so, a really, really long time) and friends with him for many years.  It's has been hard to think about anything other than my friend, his wife and daughter today.  As I sat with them today, cried with them, prayed by their side all I could think about was how precious life really is.

As with our tragic loss today, too many precious lives are lost to breast cancer.  We need to win this battle against cancer.  We MUST win this battle!!  There is no need for life to be cut short due to circumstances such as cancer or the way my friend died.

Why can't I/we do more?  Why haven't we figured out the cure for cancer?  How much longer is it going to take? (I say while stomping my feet, with my best pouty-face on as tears well up in my eyes!!)

I know I've said this many times in the last 18 days, but I really hope that with each post I write about breast cancer, more people become aware, more people support charities that conduct research to find causes and cures for cancer and more people step up to the challenges of cancer awareness, support and remembrance.  Life is too precious not to!


Always ~ Momma Goose

Let peace find your hearts, M. & Miss M!  Love you lots!


John 14:1-4:  “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.”

Read more Bible verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose