Thursday, August 9, 2012

First Day of Pre-K

Can you believe summer vacation is over in our town?  Our little school,  Kerman Christian, as well as all of the schools in our district went back today.  It feels like just yesterday that I was writing a post on what I was going to do with Brother Goose all summer.  I'm pretty proud to say we got a lot of that list accomplished.

We took the traditional picture this morning.


In typical Brother Goose fashion, he would not smile, he would not look into the camera and he would not say cheese.  I usually have to catch him by surprise to get him to smile.

While you can't tell from the picture, he was so excited about his new sweatshirt that he had to wear it to school today.  Mind you it's supposed to be 104 here today.  I finally convinced him that he should leave it in the car so he didn't have to worry about putting it in his backpack.  And...check out those high tops!  Wow, those are the COOLEST shoes ever, right?  Right?

It was a tough drop of for both of us, but by the time I pick him up his enthusiasm will be enough to make us both forget the trauma earlier in the day.

Let the school year fun begin.  Before we all know it, Brother Goose will be graduating from high school.

Good luck to those of you starting school in the next few weeks.

Always ~ Momma Goose


3 comments:

  1. What was it with these boys this morning....Dalton wouldn't look up at the camera either! Silly boys! Im really digging the hi-tops! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how did the first day go? I agree with Jenn, those hi-tops rock!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My baby starts Pre K next week. I'm so freaking nervous! My heart is breaking even though I know he will love it.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose