Today I re-started my jogging routine. I usually try not to start new routines on Monday because I once read that people who start diets on a Monday are more likely to fail...but it just so happened that I woke up earlier than normal today, so I decided to utilize my free time wisely. I must admit it was nice to be out enjoying the cool breeze, meditating with each step and starting my day with a little Momma Goose time...even on a day I try to be mellow.
I'll also admit that while I started my day on a healthy note, today's slow cooker recipe is not one of the healthiest I've ever posted. However, with a little tweaking and a smart portion, even the dieter in me will be satisfied. I got today's recipe through Ziplist.com, an amazing website/app that I will be blogging on later this week. (As a side note, Ziplist.com, got the recipe from another one of my favorites, Food.com!)
|Photo by: Chef on the Coast|
Cheesy Chicken, Bacon & Tater Tot Crock Pot Bake
- 1 (32 ounce) bag tater tots
- 0.5 (3 ounce) jar bacon bits (I used Oscar Mayer - only 25 calories per serving)
- 5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 1/2 cups grated colby cheese*
- 1 1/2 cups grated monterey jack pepper cheese*
- 3/4 cup milk (I used skim milk)
- salt and pepper
*Instead of using 3 cups of cheese, I used 2.5 cups of a pre-shredded Colby Jack blend.
- Grease the bottom of the crock pot.
- Layer 1/2 the tater tots on the bottom of the pot.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 of the jar of bacon bits.
- Combine the two cheeses, and sprinkle 1/3 of it over the bacon and tots.
- Top cheese with the chicken breasts.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top chicken with another 1/3 of cheese.
- Sprinkle with another 1/4 of the jar of bacon bits.
- Add remainder of the tater tots.
- Top with final 1/3 of the cheese.
- Pour milk over the top.
- Set crock pot to high and cook 3-4 hours.
Enjoy your Mellow Monday and this ooey, gooey cheesy recipe!!