Thursday, June 21, 2012

Inspiration for a Busy Week & Tired Momma!

Wow, has this been a busy week.  Each morning we've been to Parables in the Park (aka: vacation Bible school) and swim lessons.  We've really enjoyed the time with our friends at Parables and swim lessons with Miss Jenny.  The scheduled morning leaves naps and chores to do in the afternoon.   Its been very busy for Daddy Goose too, he hasn't gotten home from work before 10:00 p.m.  The great news is, we don't have much planned for the weekend so we can spend some quality family time together.

It's these kind of crazy weeks that sometimes get me and other mommas alike feeling a little down on themselves, a little envious of others and a little incompetent. I don't know why, but I'm always amazed how God puts certain people in your life at just the right time! I subscribe to a blog called, "The Gypsy Mama." (I've participated in her Five Minute Friday free write sessions a couple of times.) She is a well traveled mom of three with an amazingly REAL  and fun view of motherhood.  Yesterday, Lisa-Jo posted "the tired mother's creed, a list of 20 "I" statements that ring true to all. My favorites are:
  • I shall not measure what I've accomplished today by the loads of unfolded laundry but by the assurance of deep love I've tickled into my kids.
  • I shall not compare myself to other mothers, but find my identity in the God who trusted me with these kids in the first place.
  • I shall model kind words – to kids and grown-ups alike.
As I was reading it my eyes filled with tears!  My kitchen has not been spotless this week, I seriously cannot find anything to wear in my closet and I am sad because we are not able to spend enough time with Daddy Goose.  And while I am not dog tired from all of our busy activities, (only because I've had a couple of really GOOD naps and a lot of coffee...shhh!) and my children have been on their best behavior - it was one of those posts that I could totally relate to and really needed! 

Make sure you go to her blog and check out the rest of them.  I guarantee you'll find one that will pierce through your heart and give you the boost you need.  She's even created a free PDF that you can print.

Thank you Lisa-Jo!  I already printed my free copy and put it on my refrigerator!


Momma Goose

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from you ~ leave me a comment!

~ Momma Goose